Thursday, September 13, 2012

Falling

Falling in love....Not the kind you're thinking of-This kind...

 

I can think back and remember being so in love with my parents and grandparents.  I love that my Mom read to me.  I loved that my Mom was the best singer in the whole wide world.  I love that my Mom rolled me up like a taco in my favoritist blanket each night.  I love that my Mom baked me cookies.  I love that my Mom allowed me to have an imagination, and that tea parties were a part of my childhood. I love that my Mom was my biggest fan when I played sports. I love that my Dad listened to music every single day, and that he listened to a variety of artists.  I love that my Dad pushed me in photography.  I love that my Dad was a great story teller.  I love that my Grandpa S. took me fishing, taught me to tie my own knots, and showed me how to read the water.  I love the Grandma S. treated us to the real cheesy chips; aka: Doritos. 




I love that my Grandparents were the ones I'd stay with when I was sick...or fake sick (sorry Mom) and we would be treated like royalty-waited on hand and foot.  Have our 'sick bed' set up in the living room and watch No Whammy's, Pettycoat Junction, and fall asleep by the time the soaps came on..only to hear about Luke and Laura when we woke up. 



I love that my Mom allowed friends to spend the night.  I love that my Grandpa S. took me camping.  I love that my Mom took me camping.  I love that I ate from my Grandpa and Grandma S's garden.  I love that my Mom had such a beautiful flower garden.  I love that my Mom accepted my gifts of forget-me-nots as if they were a beautiful store bought arrangement.  I love that Grandma M. had garage sales.  I love that Grandma M. worked at the hospital and called me Angel Face-while pinching my cheeks.  I love that Grandma M. brought us to the 'little store' to get popcicles when we were 'good or hot' or 'good and hot'.  I love that when I was a kid...I loved and was loved.
(Doesn't she look like a baby herself?)
 
 
Falling in love....Bonds of Siblinghood
 
Simply put-
 
 
 
You are So Beautiful to Me
So, the first victim came into my life, on my 6th birthday.




Yes, I may share my 'special day' with my little sister and I can tell you from the day she was born, and as soon as I first saw her-I was in love.  She was incredibly beautiful.  Her skin, her eyes, her hair! She was so sweet! She has always been a character.  She was so different than I.  We looked different, yet the same.  She was so loud!  She always played to the beat to a different drum, but never with a drum.  She's so glittery.  She's so smart.  She is so loving. She is so stubborn. She is the best sister one could ask for.  She is creative and doesn't even know she is.  She's determined and full of life.  She is the greatest mother.  When she was younger she certainly could have been considered a pest, and I still loved her.  I have always joked about wanting to return her...and get a new birthday gift...But, truthfully she has always been a gift to me....Always.

 
 


 
 
 
Then there were Three
It happened one fateful day (his fate not ours- B's and mine that is)...He was born into this world.  The cutest little 'always' our baby brother in the whole wide world.  He had two sisters to give him hell, I mean love...
 
 
 
 
 
He was stuck with us.  Everyone thought he was so cute.  I had an immediate baseball and football fan.  He wore Giants and 9'ers stuff early on...I taught him to throw a ball in the backyard, under the plum tree.  I was so excited to see him accomplish these feats! He was born a star!  He grew to love basketball.  He strolled around in the stroller with us wherever B and I went.  Wherever Mom took us...the little blonde curly top was right there!  Even today my friends say "Is this little Rossie?"  "Is this your baby brother?"  We both answer with pride, 'Yes it is...'...He beats us up later and asks us, "DO YOU HAVE TO SAY I'm your BABY BROTHER???"  Of course we do!  That's who you are! 
 
 
 


 
What happens now?
You ask if we fight?...But, of course!  We fight like the best of them!  If you were to ask any sibling group-You'd find the best and worst fighters there ever was/is.  We are the ones who fight with one another...We are the ones who fight against one another...We are the ones who stand up for one another...Just make sure you're on my side and you're in the clear.  BUT-Come 'hell or high water' if you're fighting against one of my sibs...You'd better be ready to have the rath of Big sister...There's no love like a big sister.  Just sayin'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We've all traveled seperate ways as adults and continue to stay close together.  Our bond is strong and our love for one another cannot be broken.  We randomly text one another-Sometimes too early...Sometimes too late...Sometimes when we can't talk to one another...Sometimes it's over due...Sometimes it's never long enough, when we see one another...Sometimes we all wish we lived next door...Sometimes we're glad we don't....But, most of all we miss each other and know one another like no other people on this earth know us.  We depend on each other...We strive to be like each other...We strive to not be like each other...We have fun times filled with side aches of laughter...We do new things and challenge one another...and We support one another from afar with confidence that has grown inside of us...for each one of us...We are siblings...and I am grateful, that I have been blessed with my Beautiful Sister, and my Always the Little Brother-What in the world would I do without them? 
 
 
 


 I can only hope that my children have the relationships and the love that I have with my siblings with their sibs.  I think they're off to a good start. What do you think?





 
 
 
Love Deeply, Live Out Loud & Live Your Dash,
T



 
 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I think I've been crying since the first sentence! There are actually tears dripping on my lap! You are an incredible rememberer and writer! I love you and your siblings more than words are invented to say! BIG HUGS to each of you! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete