Monday, February 13, 2012

I am not...a Sheik Chic...I am Beautiful



Fashion Diva? Uh, no. (Said with a French accent for effect.)  I am a jeans and tennis shoes kinda girl. Maybe more like an Oh La La Levis kinda girl would be more like it?  I love to slip into my jeans and put my hair up in a pony tail, or under a hat, and go.  I do like to 'dress up' from time to time, and for work I need to jump start back to those skirt wearing days before I shouldn't...be wearing them. Soon enough I'll be hiding under polyester something or others when my legs don't look the way they do now.  Who even wears nylons these days...I can't stand what they feel like on my legs!

We women screw ourselves with our very own brain.  If only I were skinny. If only I were tanner. If only my hair was curly. If only my hair was straight. If only I were taller.  If only I had blue eyes. (I always wanted blue eyes! I got them with my two beautiful daughters and their dark hair, my prayers were answered-just differently than I thought.) If only my lips were fuller.  If only my boobs were bigger. (If only gravity wasn't taking them over, or should I say downward?) If only my butt was firmer.  If only my eye lashes were 10 ft. longer. So an entire Who village could live in them. If only my road map of a stomach looked like Ms. Turkey eating that juicy burger for I think it's Jack in the Crack?  If only I looked like...If only...I want each one of you reading this to truly look in the mirror and see the beauty before you.  We each have something that we wish we could change within ourselves...Me? I don't particularly have a huge liking to the 'front butt' I sport around my middle.  But, I know that I can do something about it.  I'm not talking about the surgery type of something.  I have been exercising more, and reminding myself with the My Fitness Pal app of my daily intake of foods, drinks, exercise.  Sometimes the app reminds me that I'm doing well....and sometimes it reminds me to do better.  Basically it's a matter of two ideals, one of which I need to adjust and the other it a matter of taking a moment to remember.  The first one is that I need to change the investment in myself, for the rewards are well worth it.  Investments could be meeting up with friends, exercise, eating healthy (most of the time), and remembering it's okay to fall off the healthy wagon from time to time.  Secondly, it's that we as women need to remember that we are beautiful exactly the way we are this very moment.  Maybe a daily mantra of:  I am beautiful exactly the way I am. In my pajamas, sweats, hot pants, or completely naked as a jay-bird, I am beautiful.  For beautiful is who I am....something like this- 
On that note, I'm guessing by talking to various girlfriends, my sister, mother and listening to the world around me over my years that what is happening is determined by reading the world's idea in the shopping market line on the face of the tabloids, in general what is hott and what is not could be determined by the pressures of media, Hollywood, mannequins in a window, billboards, and those who're 'more popular' are meters or measures of a woman via fashion trends et al.  Really?  Yes, really.  We are all sucked into this one way or another, and this is a sad truth.  Things I do know are I do not have a J-Lo Bootay; I don't have legs like a Barbie; I don't have long lashes where an entire Hoo village could live; I don't have boobs all perky and silicone. But, what I do have is a heart that loves, a soul that feels, a mind that dreams and thinks...my heart, soul, and mind are encased by my body that carries only as carefully as I make note...carries what makes me, me.  Different than another.  Why must we forget to take care of this vehicle that is caring us through, or not be thankful for what we look like? Today I choose to look in the mirror and see what I see...I see a daughter, a mother, a girl friend, a

a friend, a photographer, a writer, a lover, a

No matter how you see me...I know that I am......


So, today's challenge it to recite the following words...or find your own...at least three times this week.  Report back...because I want to know you've been reminded...and that if it's not sinking in-I'll remind you even more...


I am beautiful exactly the way I am.
 In my pajamas, sweats, hot pants, or completely naked as a jay-bird, I am beautiful. 
For beautiful is who I am


Love Deeply, Live Outloud & Live your Dash,
T

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are beautiful however you wish to be today! I love you totally~even in your naked as a jailbird suit!

    ReplyDelete