Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What the Hair? and How do you Dance to THAT?

Hair-The Forbidden Truths.  Women, we all have it...we grow it, we cut it, we dye it, we have it in places we don't want, we go trendy with it, we shave it off, we pluck it, we wax it, we like hers, we want it straight, we want it curly, we want it straight, we want it to smell like this, we braid it, we twirl it, we taunt with it, we get tired of it, we loose it...But, one fact is...We can have it on our faces...I will admit this has been happening to me for some time now. 
Did you know that women have the same amount of hair on their faces as men do?  I didn't.  The only difference is that the testosterone in men makes it thicker, darker and longer, which makes it more noticeable.  I've had a few single thicker, darker, and longer...and I've noticed it before.  I HATE them!  I call them my Chinese hair(s).  I really don't know how it happened.  Overnight the hair grows, and it grows super long...and it's like a rooted crazy @ss hair!  It was similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzx0-09t76c&feature=fvst

Of course minus the teeth, the teen years, and me not being a 'boy'.  But, I wondered why didn't someone tell me about this monstrous mad hair?  Are they embarrassed?  It's hardly something you could miss!

I might not be sporting the eyebrows or moustache, like this gentleman...but the beard, I can relate to.  I don't even like facial hair on a man...let alone on MY face!  Honestly, the overnight growth of a man hair on my face, can really set the tone of the day!  Especially if I can't get the darn'd thing all the way, or it breaks off within my tweezers grasps. Then I have this stub of a rough whisker that taunts me all day, and I must feel it throughout the day-as if it's going to magically disappear! Oh, you might laugh now if you've not experienced this...Hang tight-you just might.  2o million women remove unwanted facial hair at least once a week!  20 million! They're counting eyebrows in that equation.  Still I'm befuddled about these mystery hairs that pop out in less than 24 hours and I guess I'm going to have to get over them.  There are two of them and I check them regularly.  The funny thing is, sometimes they don't grow for some time...and I forget about them.  One is on my chin, and the other is on my neck.  Now, the next time you see me, you'd better not be checking those two areas out, and if I catch you...I just might......Laugh. 
I do like to get my eyebrows 'shaped'.  I like what they look like.  I also like to get them threaded.  Both no matter what people say, include a little pain.  I highly dislike the plucking part...those usually feel like they're 3ft. in diameter, and if they catch the skin by accident-ooooo that can hurt.  I admit, I get my stache done also, or my 'leeep' too.  Oh the things we go through to be beautiful.  Have you ever tried threading?  I highly suggest it if you get the chance...Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4

I think that I like threading out of all of them the most, it's just not close to where we live...and we must travel to it-and it becomes more of a hassle.  So, I end up going local and waxing, with the eyes watering and all.  But, it sure does look nice when it's all finished!


Yaya and I were driving a few weekends ago and this song came on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDgDlRZ5H78

Some of you might remember it. She said the lyrics are just as bad as the lyrics from some of her songs of today.  I guess in a matter of comparison they were.  The undertone meant the same thing, as it does today.   It was only yesterday I wrote about the dances like a Valentine's dance...that is the type of music that would have been playing...and realistically we would have danced something like this - Which according to Hitch I would have been under the strict no dancing policy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wumzvY0b9yg

Or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWDGTVYqE8&feature=related

Or maybe this is a better rendition...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k23ynqcwiuk&feature=related

No matter how you view it, it wasn't the bumping, freakin' and grinding that I see these days (such an old crabby adult saying)...at the school dances of today.  I guess the loss of the courtship and the ideal of learning to love is becoming a lost art.  When boys would come to the door, shake the girl's fathers hand, look her mother in the eye-be nervous as hell...and then find relief to get to the car...and breathe.  Turn up the radio and head to dinner, or to the dance...the type of courting that happened during my High School years, rarely exists now.  I love that my oldest holds on to that era and is courting his girlfriend.  I love that he drops flowers on her doorstep, if he's heard she's had a bad day, before she gets home.  I love that he is kind-hearted, and caring.  I think that it's a life lesson we teach, and guide as parents...So, parents don't loose sight of what's important outside of grades and respect...the honor of our own family and that of our children's dates.  Don't let go of those traditions, they will help your children when they grow into adulthood, and have adult relationships... 

If you really don't have a clue-watch this...It is a reality.  It is happening...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwxYcJ9eg-Y

So my answer to Yaya with her question about dancing...I just danced until I couldn't anymore & in today's standards looked like a dork..and the biggest scare was the slow dance hard on that would sneak up from time to time...I think I'd of had a heart attack if someone was freakin' me...I can say that I must be getting old...I'm now one of 'those parents' - but, honestly it saddens me to know that the naked texted photographs of our youth, the sexual intentions at such a young age seeking acceptance, the negligence to turn the other cheek and say "My child wouldn't do that." is what is sad...We're in this together...It is our responsibility to parent our children now...before they miss out...on childhood.  Enough lecturing, I've got to go pluck my Chinese chin hair.

Rock ON!


Love Deeply, Live Out Loud & Live your Dash-
T Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment