Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh NO! Something's Wrong with Me...I'm Running behind...I must write today!

Yes, I'm not sure if I'm writing because I'm so far behind? Or I am writing because there's an awful truth to the next sentance...I had a pink shirt with the above phrase written across the chest.  It's possible that I'm writing because I've got:

Yah, no fear...and I'm not afraid to tell you what is on my mind...I'm going to go with that!  I've got to say that I was excited to become a Soccer Mom (not to forget baseball, dance, basketball, softball, Aikido, FFA, Boy Scout, Homework Club,chauffer, dance, field trip and whatever else you can fit in, in here) type of Mom.  I loved that the kids were happy to be involved and successful with their ameoba running in the soccer packs, with no cares in the world.  I love that the boys had their basketball experience

Or some of these old times when the kids actually did do the ameoba soccer thing...running around trying not to trip someone, but so badly wanting the ball...and be the one to run down the field taking it for the goal...to stop right in front of the field goal net, because they felt bad they'd score against the other team-embarassed of sorts...





Baseball and softball, of course dear to my heart...But, each of these experiences are so dear to me because of my children's involvement and at times their ability to get through a season when they found they didn't like the game as much as they thought they would...Endurance, stamina, and perserverance and don't forget self control.  All things they've learned by working with others on a team.  Or by working individually on exceeding their own expectations on the court, the field, the mat, in the classroom, wherever it might have been...to grow not only up and older, but wiser and more gifted just by these such experiences.

I am and always will be proud of being a soccer mom...I might not wear the shirt these days...even if it were in a different color.  

I think what bothered me the most was that parents that were over the top...that thought they were out there playing.  The ones who yelled and made it horrible for their own children...ones who couldn't loose, ones whos child can't sit on the bench for one reason or another...parents who were kicking and screaming...spitting angry! ....


Laugh, but we all know who they are...we all know that we don't sit next to them...and that the self control it takes to be ...near them at all is insurmountable.  I think I can even remember the parents who were like that when I was a kid.  They scarred my brain...Now that's not to say I'm not competitive...But, sportsmanship goes a LONG way...and it needs to be instilled in our own children.  I think parents like that should have to wear this on their shirts!



...even in this yucky mustard color!

Their mantra should be...& mine too is as follows..as a parent on the field...in the gym...on the court-



And remember....



And of course...

Love Deeply, Live Out Loud & Live your Dash,
T

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I too am a soccer mom...and a basketball, baseball, softball, field trip, dance chaperone, and class mom. Add school bus driver and you have most of it down! And I love every single minute of it and wouldn't trade it for the world! Most of all, I love each of you! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do all of those with you!

    ReplyDelete